A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

What's Your Style?

Hi Friends,

Welcome back to Fairy Stamp Land. Today I have a really fun card to share with you. I was playing around with some of the brand new products from LDRS Creative. The Polkadoodle Versatile Doors & Window set  is super fun and the set has so many possibilities.

I begun by simply cutting the door die from some of this beautiful Country Lilacs also by Polkadoodles. I also used the dies to cut out the windows in the door. The little pieces that were cut from the door were adorable and I immediately thought they were shaped like bricks. So then I just cut a ton of them out and the rest is history. The house now has a brick wall behind it.



I've also used the fence die from the Lamp Post & Railing die set and of course the All Dressed Up stamp is from the "What's Your Style" stamp set.


 
Here is a close up of my coloring. I used Alcohol markers to color her and I fussy cut her out and used foam tape both with the door to create a shaker card but also with the colored image. The multiple layers really adds interest and dimension.

One last look.... I really love how this turned out and I hope I have helped inspire you to get those stamps and dies out and have a ton of fun with them!!! Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment