A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Elizabeth Craft Designs Die Challenge... Being Negative


Hi Friends,

Today I am sharing a super fun challenge over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs' Challenge Blog. The team is calling it "Being Negative" The challenge this week is using your dies focusing on the negative space that the dies leave behind. Check out the PRIZE you could win just by participating!!!





The ECD backgrounds are so much fun to play with. Click HERE to see a recent card I made using the Circle Background....

For today's card I am using the negative space of the Entwined Oval Dies set by Els van de Burgt Studios.


So as you can see I have used the stars and flowers from the Entwined Ovals Set and die cut out random areas from the front panel of 3"x4" note card. I then placed a striped paper to the back of the card front to show the paper coming through the negative space left behind from the dies. At this point in the card designing I loved the feel of the clean and simple look but just wanted to add a little bit of interest so I added Elizabeth Craft Designs'  Glitter Dots and Lines to jazz it up a little.  As I saw the card come together I decided to take it even a little further and I made a gift pocket that fits 3 note cards and envelopes. I used Moda Scrap's Lace Pocket Die. I simply cut two pockets then folding on the score lines. I used Elizabeth Craft Designs' 6mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive for a strong bond. This is a quick and easy way to complete this set worthy of gift giving! See below for more detail on the ECD items I have used.

 




CLICK BELOW TO SEE ITEMS IN THE STORE...

https://www.elizabethcraftdesigns.com/products/lace-pocket 

https://www.elizabethcraftdesigns.com/products/glitter-dots-assorti

 Thank you for stopping by today. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Happy Creating! Melanie

1 comment:

  1. As I scrolled down the screen, I first saw your card, and I loved it's simple beauty. Then I saw the intricate lacy pocket you made to give away cards. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete