A whimsical place to play, where paper and ink become one.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Elizabeth Craft Designs Accordion Ovals Card

Hi There,

I have something really fun to share with you today from Elizabeth Craft Designs. This is my very first accordion style card using Karen Burniston's Pop It Up Oval Accordion Die set.

I decided to go with an accordion card as soon as I saw this really fun stamp set called "Row Houses". I also used the coordinating Row House Dies which are also available.


I think the Oval Clouds Frame Edges really works well with this stamp set as well. If you saw my post last Tuesday you will see that I used the cut away cloud scraps in that "Critters" scene

Designers Tip: When working with the accordion dies your framed pieces and your center pieces (in this case ovals) off set eachother. If you look closely at the first photo you can see that the background piece first has a valley fold and then a mountain fold. Where as the "oval sections" go from mountain to valley to mountain. Once you realize this then building them and designing with them is a lot of fun.

Here is a close up of one section of the accordion. I was really happy at the way all of this went together. 

I currently have more "Accordion" dies sets on my shopping list for my next order. If you would like to order any of these products head on over to the Elizabeth Craft Designs online store. I promise you, you will not be disappointed... these dies and stamps are top quality. 

As always thank you for stopping by today. I hope I have inspired you to design outside the box. Happy Crafting!

Melanie Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment